How do I get traffic to my new website?
The best way to get traffic is through SEO! Why? Because it’s free and highly targeted. Here’s a pretty decent checklist:
1. Have proper meta title, description, and keyword information on ALL your website pages. Look at other competing websites at the top of Google results to see how it’s done correctly.
2. Have a lot of content pages that match the keywords in your meta information. Content pages are things that go into depth about your business, website, or offering. This is why those new and cool single page websites aren’t that great for SEO.
3. Have a blog that you update regularly (e.g. at least once per week). Google loves educational content and it supports your website’s ranking under targeted keywords. Also, people coming to your website to get educated will regularly convert into customers.
4. Try and get some back links from other blog articles, blog comments, news publications, forums, other websites, resource directories, Yelp, etc. A back link is just a link from another website to your own. It’s best to have what’s called an anchor title associated with it (e.g. “best web developer” as a link). Google’s entire ranking algorithm is based on back links. The bigger the website that give you a back link, the more it counts toward your Google ranking (i.e. go get one on CNN!).
5. Get and stay active on all your social media accounts.
6. Get great reviews on Yelp, Clutch, Google Business reviews, and any other review websites.
There’s a ton of other stuff too. The above will get your well on your way though!